Makes: 15 muffins
- 250g plain flour
- 150g brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp instant coffee granules
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 225ml warm milk
- 110g Super Ghee
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 190 C. Grease a muffin tin, or line with paper cases.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugars, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the coffee granules with milk. Let it brew for a minute and then add egg, oil and vanilla. Fold the wet mixture into the dry mixture until just moistened - do not overmix! Fill prepared muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from tin to wire racks.