APPLE CINNAMON BREAKFAST SLICES
These are fab to have in the fridge for a quick grab breakfast!
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 3/4 cup of whole wheat flour (can use plain or self raising)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon + an extra sprinkle
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar + 1 tsp
- 4 tbsp of melted CBD or Original ghee butter
- 4 tbsp of water
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 1 medium apple (cut into thin slices)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree celsius. Prepare a baking tray around 2- 3 inches deep and 10 inches by 8 inches (these are rough measurements). Place baking paper in the tray.
- In a bowl, combine the oats, flour and 1/3 cup of brown sugar. Add the melted ghee, water, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and vanilla essence, and mix until all ingredients is combined together.
- Set aside 1/2 a cup of this mixture and use the rest to line the baking tray. You can use your hands to spread the crust evenly in the tray and then set aside.
- Cut your apple into think slices and cover the top of the crust (as shown in the photo). Then sprinkle across 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and finish off with a dusting of cinnamon. Then spread the 1/2 cup of the crust mix that you set aside across the top of the apples.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes. Once baked, it is important to let them cool properly as the bars will harden slightly whilst cooling.
- You can then remove them from the tray, allow to cool further and then cut evenly into squares.